About Dr. Maughan
- Board-Certified: American Board of Osteopathic Dermatology in 2015
- Undergraduate: Utah State University, Logan Utah
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Midwestern University - AZCOM, Glendale, Arizona
- Surgical Internship: Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Corvallis, Oregon
- Clinical Research Fellow: Silver Falls Dermatology, Salem, Oregon
- Residency Training: Samaritan Health/Silver Falls Dermatology, Salem, Oregon
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship: Samaritan Health/Silver Falls Dermatology, Salem, Oregon
- Dr. Cory Maughan is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and Fellowship-trained Mohs Micrographic Surgeon. Dr. Maughan was born and raised in the Cache Valley, where he attended Sky View High School and Utah State University. After finishing college, Dr. Maughan attended medical school at Midwestern University in Arizona.
Upon completion of medical school, he and his family moved to Oregon, where he finished his Dermatology Residency and an additional fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology. During his AOA accredited fellowship, he trained under the direction of William Lear, MD, and completed over 2800 cases, including extensive reconstructive training.
Dr. Maughan loves teaching residents and medical students and is actively involved in their medical education. Dr. Maughan has authored numerous dermatology and surgery publications as well as two textbook chapters on surgical instruments. He is currently working on research involving surgical scar outcomes and procedures on patients with rosacea.
Dr. Maughan and his family are happy to be home in Utah, enjoying all that this great state has to offer.